Sunday, June 30, 2013

We're Moved!

Finally! After weeks of anxiety, stress, and a little bit of moodiness on my part, we finally got into our new house. The date was pushed back even further after my last post. We didn't close until the end of May, and we didn't move until the beginning of June. And it feels like things haven't really slowed down for us yet. We've been unpacking, getting settled, meeting people, and travelling. Yes, travelling. This last week Tyler went to San Francisco for a business trip where, as he has made sure I'm aware, he stayed in a very ghetto little apartment with his work team. Two of his team members who stayed in a neighboring apartment had to empty out a litter box and feed the cats that apparently lived there. It was part of the agreement for them staying there. Next time they're going to stay in a hotel. Without cats.

The same week Tyler was in San Francisco, I went back to Blanding to help my parents put in new flooring for their living room. But I beat the flooring there and we couldn't get started right away. So instead I painted the playroom for my mom. Half of it is an under water scene which rolls into waves and transforms into a beach a with palm tree. It's pretty exciting. 

We both really like our ward and have made some friends here. In fact, we even have callings already. Yep, not even here for a month and we have callings. I think it will be pretty fun for us though. We have been called as Webelos leaders. We Be Loyal Scouts. Neither of us really has any idea what we're doing, but it will be a good learning experience and we're both excited about it.

But back to the house.

Yes, that house. Aha! I told you I would post pictures. There she is, our two-story, four-bedroom, two-car garage, beautiful piece of work. And see? I even have a cute little bench to sit on under the trees. I think I'll move it to the backyard though.

Please don't mind the patches of dead grass. We've been having sprinkler trouble. And it's been ridiculously hot. No lie. It's suppose to still be 85 degrees outside at 11 o' clock tonight. Yeah. . .  But this is how the lawn use to look when we moved in.

Some of the grass patches came up to my knees. It took Tyler all evening to get both the front and backyard mowed. And it's amazing what a difference a little (or in our case a lot of) mowing can do.

I don't have any pictures of the inside yet because it's kind of a mess. Like I said, we've been busy, busy, busy! And this coming week we'll be headed back to Blanding for the 4th of July. But hopefully I'll have some pictures up soon so you can see why we absolutely fell in love with it. It's a great house, and we will be here for quite a while. By the way, aren't you jealous of our awesome fire pit in the backyard? Yeah, I thought so.




3 comments:

steph said...

awesome!! What a big back yard! So excited to come visit you guys and see your place! Love ya

annie said...

Dad and I are excited for you! Now that the sprinklers are all fixed, you will soon no longer have brown spots.

Trent said...

Take and post pictures from the 4th of July! I want to see!!

And congrats on the house and the yard. I hope I can come visit sometime!