Thursday, January 7, 2016

Exciting New Year

My last post on here was about a year and a half ago. That is . . . Sad? Unacceptable? But it's also changeable. I've resolved this year to post monthly updates, because I'm really bad about letting people know what's going on in our lives. I thought about backtracking and sharing everything that's happened between my last post and now. But that seemed a bit too daunting, and long-winded. So we're starting with now, because there's no better time to live than in the present.

To start, Ty got a new job a few months ago, and he absolutely loves it! I've yet to hear him complain about anything there. He likes the people, he likes the work, and he likes the drive (no freeway). He's really valued at this new company, and he's excited about his chance to grow with them. After seeing him go through a few not-so-great jobs, I'm really happy that he's found something he enjoys.

As for me, I'm still working at my publishing company. I've developed some really great relationships with authors, and one even made me promise I would be her editor if she does another book. I also have a secret to share with you. Shh. I'm publishing a children's book this year. It's going to be released in October. But I'm waiting to make the full announcement until I have the front cover to show off. (Which is going to be super cute. I'm absolutely in love with my illustrator's art.) So I'll share more about all that probably around April. (That seems like a ways away, but me being on the other end of it and knowing the processes that go into it, trust me, it's not.)

And now for some more exciting news. We're building (built) a house! It's in the final stages now, and we'll be closing on it really soon. And we are completely and absolutely ecstatic about it! I mean, really, isn't it pretty?



When we had this walk-through I actually wound up dancing around the kitchen because I was just so dang excited. The whole house is equally as gorgeous, but without furniture it doesn't look quite as good in the pictures.

Anyway, that's my update for now. We're looking forward to a fresh and exciting new year! And I promise that I will do much better about keeping you all updated.

No comments: